Monday, March 17, 2014

Tick! Tick! (17/31)

It is that time of year. The time where the weather warms you and urges  you to come outside and neglect your work. The bare branches now taunt you with splashes of color while you look out the window.

I sit by the computer....multiple screens opened. 

Word documents with shapes cluttered from the top to the bottom. 

Spreadsheets filled with important data. 

Facebook screens with friendly faces, important perspectives, and messages to urge me to continue. 

Mama! Mama!

I drag myself away from the computer, only to return hours later to the same mess of busy screens. 

Nudge, nudge....nibble, nibble...meow, meow. 

A scratch here and a rub there...but I must tend to the screens. 

Comments and symbols back up in my brain like a damn holding back the tides. I must find a way to let them flow through my fingers. 

Report card comments await and time continues to tick by. 

Tick!

          Tick!

                  Tick!

Time for me to return to the beckoning screens. 

1 comment: