Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Flicker

Yesterday was a long night of conferences...which led to me crashing on the couch while waiting for the clothes to dry. No post for yesterday...sorry!


Whew, whew, whew! Whistled the wind has it whipped outside my classroom window. I watched as the wind danced with the trees. It sashayed them from side to side with the occasional jerk. I couldn't help but stare while I waited for my upcoming conference. The dancing trees would stop for a rest, only to be dragged back on to the dance floor.

Black and back....black and back.

The lights began to flicker. It really didn't seem like it was that bad outside. My eyes left the papers I was grading to see the trees bowing to their partner. The wind had picked up the pace and was wreaking havoc outside. He was throwing a temper tantrum and it was effecting everyone.

Our Northwest windstorms have begun. Lights will go out and temperatures will dip from day to day. It is frustrating but it also means that Spring is finally here and the weather will warm up soon. I look forward to those blue sky days where the snow topped mountains stand out in all their glory. 

9 comments:

  1. I liked the image of the trees dancing and the w sounds rolling off my tongue in the second paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on opposite coasts and yet our trees enjoy similar dances. The dance starts on your side and ends on mine! It is a nice feeling when nature invites spring into our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the trees bowing to their partner"
    Love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great image - yes the trees are dancing these days on the east coast too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had the big winds too, but sadly it meant fires. We need some of your moisture, Elizabeth. I always love your descriptions; even now, when tired, you see things in such wonderful ways. I love that 'dragged back onto the dance floor'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, spring is here and it's coming to you soon! I like the line " It sashayed them from side to side with the occasional jerk."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conferences are over. Spring is coming. Warmth and sun are on their way. The signs of the wind's temper tantrum were vivid in your writing.
    Terje

    ReplyDelete
  8. A windy end to March, why not? Can't make it too easy for us :)
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. NIce description. There were many really nice images in this piece. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete