Monday, May 16, 2011

Angels Singing

photo © 2010 Alan Levine | more info (via: Wylio)
My son and I huddled next to each other on the hard wooden pews this past Sunday. T held his crayon tightly while he searched the children's program. His eyes lit up when he noticed the word search. Puzzled, he looked at me and asked why there were words like shepherd, children, and sheep. I asked him to think about it and let me know what he learned after Sunday school.

As T searched for the hidden words, a soft tinkle sound began to fill the sanctuary. T's head shot up like a rocket as his eyes began to search the building. His ears were on high alert...it reminded me of how my dogs ears shoot up when she hears something unfamiliar. The gentle pinging continued as my son continued his search. His eyes finally landed on the shiny bells that beckoned. Their melodious tune picked up and began to fill every ounce of the sanctuary.

"Mom, that sounds like angels singing!", T said in a serious tone. I couldn't have agreed more. The gentle sound of bell after bell sounded like a message being sent to us. We both closed our eyes and took in every bong and tinkle that left the bells and filled our ears. It was a great way to start the day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth. What special times you have with your boys, & this was just great. The story shows such sweetness.

    ReplyDelete